Immigrant “Green Card”

A Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) is someone who has been granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. As proof of that status, a person is granted a Permanent Resident Card, commonly called a “Green Card.” You can become a Permanent Resident in several different ways. Most individuals are sponsored by a family member or employer in the United States. Other individuals may become Permanent Residents through refugee or asylee status or other humanitarian programs. In some cases, you may be eligible to file for yourself.

Consular Processing is the pathway for individuals outside of the U.S. to obtain Permanent Residence and obtain a Green Card; a family member or employer must first submit a petition on behalf of the individual. Adjustment of Status is the process by which those who currently reside in the U.S. can change their status from a temporary visa to a permanent visa and receive a Green Card.

Robinson Kirlew & Associates can assist you; contact us at